Weed pipe step-by-step use
A weed pipe is one of the most popular methods of smoking marijuana. This is because a bong or bubbler only allows the water to cool the smoke down after it has hit your lungs, and you must remove the water for each hit, which takes more time and energy than a regular pipe. Since a glass pipe provides a smoother and easier smoke than a bong or bubbler, therefore many people prefer them to other types of pipes.
If you’ve ever wanted to use a weed pipe but didn’t know how, this post is for you. It will teach you the basic techniques and help you make your own.
You’ll be able to use your new weed pipe for all your smoking needs! All you need to do is follow along with the instructions in this informative blog post and try some of the different methods.
How to use a weed water pipe?
- The first step is to measure the thickness of your glass pipe’s walls and write everything down. The average glass pipe wall thickness for a good quality pipe is 1/4″ thick. If you’re using a cheap piece of crap, it will be thinner than that.
- Then, measure your weed pipe’s mouthpiece. You will need to add one half inch to this measurement and write it down too.
- Most glass pipes have a hole that goes through the side of the tube, so grab a ruler and measure exactly where you want your hole to be in relation to the mouthpiece on your glass pipe. You can put it anywhere from 1/4″ to 2″ from the mouthpiece if you want as long as it is centered on the tube for an even air flow.
- Once you have all your measurements, grab some wood that you want to use to do your work on. If you don’t have any wood lying around, an empty picture frame from around the house will work just as good! You can even use the cardboard tube the picture frame came in if you’re really on a budget. Don’t forget to wear your safety glasses!
- Mark off your glass pipe’s measurements (you did remember to measure twice, right?) onto the wood so that you have guidelines to make sure all your pieces fit together perfectly. You can also use a pen or marker and draw a diagram of where you want everything to go if it helps keep things clear in your mind.
- Use your sharpest saw to cut along your guidelines on the wood (we used a jig saw). If you don’t have a jig saw, you can get away with using a Dremel if you’re careful.
- Take your pieces of wood that you’ve created and glue them together inside out so that they create a circle with an opening on one side. It doesn’t really matter which side it’s on, but the mouthpiece side is usually easier to work with because it’s bigger and there are fewer places for the glue to seep in between the cracks. This will create what we like to call, “the bowl piece”.
- Once the bowl piece is dry, move on to the mouthpiece and do the same thing. You will be gluing your wood together inside out so that you have a circular opening on one end.
- When you are putting together the mouthpiece, make sure that you are gluing it on at an angle so that it matches up with the angle of your bowl piece. This will give you better air flow through your weed pipe when it’s all said and done! Once both pieces are dry, flip them around and glue them closed. Be careful not to stick your fingers in there though!
- Bake your weed pipe in the oven at 350 degrees for about twenty minutes. This will help harden the glue and make it last a long time!
- Once your weed pipe is baked, it should now be ready to smoke! As soon as it cools, you can start to break it in and play around with the draw!
Pros and cons
The pros of smoking out of a glass pipe are that you can achieve a more potent hit than you could from a bong or bubbler. This is because the smoke travels through a smaller space and gets cooled down by the water. This results in the smoke being much smoother and easier to inhale. Another pro is that it’s easier to clean compared to other types of pipes such as wooden ones, so if you are lazy like me then this may be an option for you.
A con would be the fact that it is too easy to break them, which is why I won’t use one unless I have extra lying around. When using a bong or bubbler, it’s easy to drop the pipe and break it because they are made of glass as well. But as long as you take care of your weed pipe and use it with caution, you should be okay.
Other Benefits of a Weed Pipe
One other cool thing about smoking out of glass is that there is more variety when it comes to styles and colors. You can get a pretty weed pipe in virtually any color imaginable, including a rainbow of options! You can also find cool designs on the bowl piece that will make your smoke smoother on the way down.
It’s riskier if you’re underage to smoke out of glass because there’s a possibility you can be caught by someone who could tell the police where you got the pipe. If this happens, you will have a hard time getting over it. Also, it’s a little harder to clean every time you use it. You will also have to take extra care when you buy it because most inexpensive glass pipes are not worth the money you spend on them.
See, weed water pipes are easy to use, giving you a quite awesome hit! You ready to follow the steps? Enjoy your vaping!